Monday 4 July 2011

Gasp analysis one. - Kenwood Chef.

The genre of this text is a magazine / newspaper article which is aimed at both men and women (although the mode of address appeals to men, primarily.) The subject of the text is the food processor 'Kenwood Chef' and the purpose of the advertisement is to persuade the audience to buy the product.

Further notes :
  • The figure expression of the women implies that she's reliant on the man. 
  • The advertisement shows traditional gender roles  - woman in the kitchen - man coming home from work.
  • Sexist quote 'The chef does everything but cook - that's what wives are for" - implies that women belong in the kitchen.
  • The use of 'wife' 'wives' implies objectification.
  • "I can take a hint - I'm giving my wife a Kenwood Chef right away" - giving my wife - implies that the woman doesn't have authority to go out and buy things.

1 comment:

  1. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well.. şişli ingilizce kursu

    ReplyDelete